The application deadline for the 2023-2024 Fellowship was December 1, 2022. Online applications for the 2024-2025 Fellowship will be available in September 2023.
Purpose of the Fellowship
The Commonwealth Fund Fellowship in Minority Health Policy at Harvard University is designed to prepare physician-leaders who will, over time, improve the capacity of the health care system to promote policies and practices that improve historically marginalized populations’ access to high quality care.
We seek applications from individuals who are highly motivated and have great leadership potential of becoming a change agent in health care delivery systems for historically marginalized populations.
- Physicians who have completed residency in the U.S., either BE/BC. Additional experience beyond residency, such as chief residency, is preferred.
- Experience or interest in addressing and improving the health needs of historically marginalized populations as well as in advancing system change in ways that improve the health for all populations, but with particular emphasis on historically marginalized populations.
- Strong evidence of leadership experience or potential, especially as related to community efforts, quality improvement, transformation of health care delivery systems, and/or health policy.
- Intention to pursue a career in policy, public service, and/or academia.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency.
Application Process Overview
Step 1: LEARN
Step 2: GATHER APPLICATION MATERIALS
To apply for the Fellowship, you will need thoughtful responses to questions about:
- Essay questions (see sample application)
- Contact information for three recommenders who can attest to your leadership potential. References will include:
- Individual from your current employer who has supervised your work
- A minimum of one academic reference is desirable
- Individuals who can provide your leadership potential and abilities
- Sample Fellowship Application
- Recommendation Form
- Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health MPH Instructions on SOPHAS on-line Application http://www.sophas.org
- Harvard Kennedy School MPA Instructions on-line at https://www.hks.harvard.edu/admissions-aid/masters-program-admissions/how-apply
Step 3: REGISTER TO APPLY
- Click “Click Here to Apply” button below
- Complete Personal Information
- Review instructions for CFF online application
Step 4: GET IN TOUCH